Monday 22 July 2013

The Open 2013.

I was really lucky and won tickets to The Open from Nikon Golf. We travelled up the day before as it is an 8 hour drive. We got to Muirfield at 7:30am on Thursday, we had a quick look around and went to the shop to buy some Open stuff and then headed to the range to wait for Ian Poulter to arrive....while waiting we saw Ernie Els, Sir Nick Faldo, Bubba Watson, Justin Rose and Tom Watson and when he passed me I wished him good luck and he smiled and said Thanks kid. Then Ian Poulter came to the range and I was lucky enough to be stood right behind him as he warmed up. Then I followed him to the short game area and then putting then headed to the first tee and watched him tee off. After hole 3 I waited to watch Phil Mickelson tee off three as I like him too. After a bit we took a breather for some lunch and a nose at the practice area to see who was about then headed back to watch Poulter and ended up finding seats in the grandstands by 18 to watch the Faldo group  come down then watch Poulter come down 18 and then waited to watch Mickelson come down too. After Poulter had finished playing we made our way to the exit as we had an 8 hour drive home. It was an awesome day and it was awesome to see Ian Poulter playing live.
















No comments:

Post a Comment