Sunday 28 July 2013

ISPSHanda Ladies European Tour ProAm.

I was so lucky to be invited to take part in the ISPSHanda Ladies European Tour ProAm at The Buckinghamshire by Craig Thomas from The Golf Academy, chance of a lifetime. We got there nice and early and met Craig and he showed us around and got us passes. I registered and got given a goody bag which included the most detailed course planner ive seen in my life, it was the one the Pros use. I went to do some putting alongside the Pros already on the putting green, the green was like a sheet of ice compared to the greens im used to but I loved it. Then I went to practice chipping along side other Pros. After chipping we went to get my buggy and put the bag on it then over to the range to warm up along side other Pros. Its mad how close they stand...I was worried i'd bang one on the head because they are so close. On the range I met the two other amateurs I was playing with. Then we headed to the tee for our 11am tee off and met the first of the two Pros we played with Marianne Skarpnord and her caddy Richard Green. I was really nervous but excited. The Pro teed off first and then it was me and I hit a good drive that set me up to score a course par on the hole. We played the first nine with Marianne Skarpnord and then after hole nine changed Pros for the back nine and we met Whitney Hillier and her caddy Lee Nash. I had a couple of not so great holes after a wayward drive but pulled myself together. The course was lovely, fast fairways and fast true greens. I was pretty pleased with how i'd played, I played a never seen before course set up for Pros and off the Pro's tees and played just above my handicap. The Pros were so nice and encouraging the entire time. After the game we went in and there was food and drinks laid on for us and I met all the other disabled golfers who had taken part and we spent time chatting to Whitney. I also met the Golfband people and the lady gave me a demonstration and a free band which ive used since for warming up etc. Then I did a blind putting competition with Craig...that was not easy. Mam and dad had a chat with Craig too and since then I wish I lived closer to his golf academy as he would be an awesome coach to have for my golf. I also spoke to Lydia Hall, she is from Bridgend near me and based at Southerndown Golf  Club where I play a Junior Open soon. They had the awards ceremony and then we had to to head home. I had an incredible day and an amazing experience and learnt loads from watching the two Pros I played with and can't thank Craig Thomas enough for the experience and also ISPSHanda and the Ladies European Tour.

















































No comments:

Post a Comment