Tuesday 9 July 2013

DGA Glamorganshire.

On July 4th I played the next competition on the Race to Wales tour with the Disabled Golf Association. I was unsure how i'd do as my tourettes has been bad and I was unsure if it would affect my golf. We had a delay to the start because the club had messed up a bit so we had to wait for buggys. When we eventually teed off there was strong winds and also drizzly rain tho that stopped after a few holes but the wind was strong all day. I hit a lovely drive off the first and my driving was excellent all day, my approach play took a while to get going so wasn't spot on on the front tho not bad either but I had quite a few one putts. The back nine my tourettes got worse and I had vocal and motor tics but managed to play on through them tho they did exhaust me, on the back nine my driving was still great, my approach play came back to me and putting was still really good. A friend who is the Captain of the Wales Deaf team told me about the tee and view on 17 and he wasn't wrong it was stunning but also the hole I had my longest drive of the day off :) I came in with 39 stableford points even tho I had one blob on my card. I won the competition and handicap drop with DGA to 28.5 (my card is in the club but taking forever to get the congu one changed). I'm currently the Race to Wales tour Order of Merit leader by 67 points.


















No comments:

Post a Comment