Friday 10 April 2015

National Inclusive futures Camp.

Not exactly golf but too awesome not to include. I am an ambassador and mentor for Swansea Inclusive Futures and 15 of us were invited to the National Inclusive Futures camp. What an absolutely fantastic, extraordinary weekend I had at the National IF Camp, I dont know where to start, i'll start by saying thank you to all the cities involved, not just because of the involvement, but also the respect and friendship they made with each other, for the first time, in a long time, I felt I was a part of something, always being involved with everyone, having laughs and smiles, feeling like I'm actually 'there', I absolutely loved seeing the progress we made especially in the group I was in, on the Friday, no one was talking, barely any confidence, but by Sunday, we all learnt valuable skills, confidence, respect, and most importantly, inclusion, on the Sunday, the last few hours we had left, because of how touched I was, I started crying, in the corner away from the others, then my team leaders came over to ask if im okay, explained to them that I was and I was just amazed and happy, by the end, pretty must most of the group ended up in tears, realizing we made a bond, a friendship, all over 2 and a 1/2 days, I can't express how happy I was over this past weekend at everyone I met, such amazing people, I loved seeing the smiles on everybody's faces... Key word there, everybody, there was full inclusion, whether your disabled or non disabled, there was full inclusion, like I said, I simply cannot express the sheer happiness I had over the weekend, and I sure hope there will be more!



























No comments:

Post a Comment