Saturday 14 December 2013

DGA Race To Wales Order of Merit Winner 2013.

This year I took part in the Disabled Golf Associations Race to Wales tour. It was against grown men I was the only Junior to take part but played off mens tees the same as the others. We played 9 different events around Wales and one in England and you got points for turning up and points for where you placed.

Event 1 was Peterstone Lakes....very wet day but played my best round to that date and won the competition.

Event 2 was Cradoc, unfortunately I had to withdraw because my Autism got the better of me and I had a complete meltdown on the course.

Event 3 was Wernddu and even tho I didn't have the best of days that day either I got 3rd place.

Event 4 was Alice Springs and that was very close between me and a good friend Mark Meritt but I ended up in 2nd place but did win the secret 3 holes competition and also scored a 3 on a par 4 on the first.

Event 5 was Brynmeadows....I had my first win there last year and looked forward to playing it again....my front nine wasn't amazing but I played a good back nine scoring 26 stableford points, this helped me to get the win again.

Event 6 was The Glamorganshire.....I really liked this course and played well despite my tourettes being really bad that day and interfering with my golf....I won this one aswell.

Event 7 was Raglan, it was a really hot day and my tourettes and autism and anxiety was so bad I almost didn't go, I didn't play my best and didn't place but I did get Closest to the Pin.

Event 8 was Rhondda, it was also the DGA Wales Open. It was awful weather, bad wind and heavy rain. I struggled a lot but so did everyone, I managed to place 3rd place.

Event 9 was Forest Hills, it was actually in England but still a Race To Wales event. I liked the course but the greens were not best because they were treated that day. I did ok and placed 3rd.

At the Wales v England game where I played for Wales I was announced as the Race to Wales Order of Merit winner.

The write up about my win is here.....http://www.disabledgolfsociety.com/inaugural-race-to-wales-2013-tour-winner-jordan-rosser/














No comments:

Post a Comment