Monday 3 August 2015

Ian Poulter Invitational 2015

My dream came true on Monday July 27th 2015. I took part in the Ian Poulter Invitational. We arrived and mam managed to hold up Poulter as we pulled in lol. We went in and registered and the got given Oakley sunglasses then I got to finally meet my inspiration Ian Poulter and get a professional photo taken with him and he complimented me on my IJP tartans. Then we picked up our goodie bag. I went out to do putting and chipping practice and then onto the range. After that we drove up to the 10th tee and after a sausage bap my turn came to tee off. The Marquess' course is absolutely stunning and superb condition. I played really well and only 2 small blips, came to one green and had a delicate chip on and as I was setting up Poulter arrived so that was a real nerve wracking shot but I did ok. He then came over to chat and also had a photo with me by my IJP bag and then held the flag for us while we all putted. He then said bye and moved on to the group behind and we carried on our round. I had a great chip in on a par 3 just before the end of our round. I shot 32 stableford points and had a fantastic time and loved the round and course. After the round as mam loaded the car to head back from the 10th Luke, Ian's son, asked me how my round had gone. After I had another photo with Ian and he signed my book (his autobiography). We then watched a clinic by Poulter and got to ask questions and I asked loads. After the clinic I personally thanked him for such an amazing opportunity and amazing day. Then it was prize giving and then we had to head home. Amazing day and fantastic memories.....dreams do come true :)
















No comments:

Post a Comment