Wednesday 5 November 2014

Wales Open Gala Dinner and ProAm

My coach Craig Thomas gave me the opportunity of a life time and invited me to the Wales Open Gala dinner and to play in the ProAm. The Gala dinner was amazing, we all met up in the main Celtic Manor hotel were I've never been before and I met so many people old and new. We were taken to the Waitrose Pavilion for the gala dinner. There were business men, television stars, rugby players, famous golf pros and all my disabled golfing friends. I was amazed when I was called up to receive and award from The PGA and ISPSHanda in recognition of all I do for and in disabled golf, I felt so proud and also did a short speech. It was an amazing evening :) The following day was the ProAm and it started with practice on the range then on to our starting holes. My Pro was Paul Lawrie. Lovely guy, chatted to us all and encouraging too. I played ok, played to my handicap. Afterwards at prize giving I got the chance to speak to Midori Miyasaki and thank her personally for the amazing opportunities I've been given thru ISPSHanda.






















1 comment: