Monday 10 June 2013

DGA Alice Springs.

On June the 5th I played the latest competition on the Disabled Golf Associations Race to Wales at Alice Springs. I started off brilliantly with a cracking drive and then an iron on to an elevated green then one putted for a net 3 on a par 4 for 4 stableford points. The rest of the front nine tested everyone me included and it was tough going and I had to really struggle to keep my head but I managed to grind out 14 stableford points. I got my rhythm and swing spot on on the back nine and got 22 stableford points. I finished the round playing it too handicap and with 36 stableford points. Through the round my Tourettes tics were getting worse (I always have tics but they have stages of being really bad) but the guys were great and didn't say a word about them, just kept me positive and reassured me and encouraged me. I won second place, lost out on first place by one stableford point. I also won the secret holes competition they do....they pick a random 3 holes and whoever scored the most stableford points on them 3 wins...they had to do a five hole count back in the end and I won on the fifth hole...it was my net birdie on the first.





No comments:

Post a Comment