Wednesday 24 April 2013

Race to Wales....Peterstone Lakes.

This year I am taking part in the Disabled Golf Association's Race to Wales tour.

The tour began at Peterstone Lakes on April 11th. After a bacon roll and coffee the cards were given out and the heavens opened.  My first tee shot set the tone for my game, 170 yards down the centre of the fairway, from then on I only missed two fairways. I did well to find only two bunkers in the swirling wind. My approach play suffered slightly from hole 12 onwards when the usual pains began to kick in but some pretty good clutch putting helped me save an impressive round. The shot of the round was my 70 yard chip and run to the last from a hanging lie to a blind pin leaving me a 6 foot putt that I holed for a Par 4 and a round total of 98 gross giving me 46 stableford points and the win and a long wanted handicap drop. After the first competition on the tour I am in first place.





1 comment:

  1. Really interesting and fantastic day out. Determination will get you there Jordan. I have confidence in you.

    ReplyDelete